James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
Patient Advocacy and Greeter Programs
Patient Advocate Program:
The James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital and Clinics stirives to provide the highest quality of care to the Veterans of our nation who call the Tampa Bay area their home. It is the goal of our facility to be responsive and sensitive to the needs of our patients and to resolve concerns or complaints in a positive and timely manner at the lowest possible level of responsibility and authority.
Follow these 4 Steps to solve your concern:
1) Share your concern with a member of your Treatment Team. (Provider, Nurse, Social Worker, etc.)
2) If your concern is not addressed to your satisfaction, a Supervisor or Customer Service Liaison will be contacted.
3) If your concern is not resolved, a Section or Service Chief will be notified.
4) The Patient Advocate is available to address concern(s) with the Patient, Family and appropriate staff, if necessary.
Customer Service Liaisons:
Customer Service Liaisons are representatives of the Administrative and Clinical services that advocate for our patients and their families in the resolution of problems and concerns at the lowest level possible. The liaisons work quickly to get to the bottom of the issue and if the problem requires a phone call to the Veteran, they do this as well. All of these actions require positive Customer Service skills and some require de-escalation skills. The Customer Service Liaisons do this cheerfully and timely increasing the overall satisfaction of the patients. These employees are truly appreciated by the Patient Advocate Staff, their services and the facility as a whole.
Veteran Family Advisory Council (VFAC):
This council is comprised of Veterans, family members and caregivers. Their primary purpose is to serve as advisors to the facility and provide valuable insight, suggestions and recommendations in efforts to continually improve care and services at the James A. Haley Veterans Hospital.
The mission of the council is to partner with health care staff to strengthen communication among Veterans, families and staff, assist in finding ways to improve safety, satisfaction, and quality of care and to allow staff to listen to and honor Veterans and family choices.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the VFAC, please contact Voluntary Service at 813-972-2000 x7533 for an application.
We are proud of our Greeters who are assigned to the information desks located at each of the Hospital entrances. This Program is comprised of Volunteers, Work Study Students and Compensated Work Therapy employees. They are dedicated, caring individuals who assist and direct Veterans and visitors at our facility.
If you are interested in becoming a Greeter, please contact Voluntary Service at 813-972-2000 x7533 for an application. Work Study Students may contact Human Resources at 813-972-2000 x4183 or x3937. Those individuals interested in the Compensated Work Therapy Program may call 813-972-2000 x3566.
Customer Service Feedback:
We appreciate and welcome your feedback concerning the care you receive at the James Haley Veterans’ Hospital and Clinics. You can assist us by:
• Participating in hospital surveys – at the clinic, facility, or through mail
• Completing Gold Star nominations for employees/volunteers who provide you with Excellent Customer Service – Boxes are located throughout the facility and clinics
• Completing VOICE (Veterans Opinions Improving Customer Experiences) Cards – Boxes are located throughout the facility and clinics
James A. Haley Veterans Hospital and Clinics
- 813-972-2000 Ext. 5856
- 813-972-2000 Ext. 5757
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm