James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
Former Prisoner of War Advocate
Rachel L. Brink, LCSW, BCD, CPRP
• Visits FPOW’s that are admitted to inpatient units to insure needs and concerns of Veteran’s and family members are addressed and to also maintain communication with spouse in the event of the Veteran’s death to facilitate documentation necessary for widow’s benefits.
• Liaison between hospital, Veteran, service officers, and VA Regional Office to ensure that the needs of the Veteran are addressed and communication is maintained.
• Provides supportive counseling as needed for former FPOW’s and their family members.
• Provides education as needed to hospital staff and in the community on the FPOW experience to build understanding of the needs of this special population.
FPOW Advocate Rachel L. Brink, LCSW, BCD, CPRP is available via telephone at 813-228-2761, x2703.
- James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital
- 813-228-2761 Ext. 2703
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm