James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
About the Program
The JAHVH Adaptive Sports Program was developed to provide active involvement in adaptive sports, outdoor recreation and fitness programs for our Veterans with disabilities.We believe adaptive sports & outdoor recreation activities are a vital part of the continued rehabilitation process for the Veterans we serve. Active participation in adaptive sports supports improvements in overall health, reduces risk of secondary medical complications, improves quality of life. The program provides opportunities to learn adaptive skills and be oriented to adaptive equipment for a variety of sports. Partnerships with local and national sporting organizations help to offer ongoing programs throughout the year. We encourage all to 'Get Involved'!
Criteria for Participation
All disabled Veterans are encouraged to be involved in some sort of active leisure lifestyle post-injury. To become a participant you should:
- Be enrolled at the James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital and Clincs
- Have an interest in adaptive sports, outdoor recreation and/or fitness activities
- Be medically stable and cleared for active participation
- Obtain consult from primary physician for “RMS Rec Adaptive Sports” evaluation
- Complete sports evaluation for full assessment
- Jennifer Day, CTRT or Tami Pasquel CTRS, CBIS, CDSS can be reach by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at (813) 972-2000, ext 3946 or ext 5236.
- Fax (813) 903-2484
- Address: 13000 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Mail Code 117
Tampa, FL 33612
Attention Veterans! Send us your email via your MyHealthyVet account @ Adaptive Sports Tampa.
Like Us On Facebook @www.facebook.com/VATampa
- JAHVH RECREATION THERAPY
- James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital
- 813-972-2000 Ext. 3946/5236
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm