VA » Health Care » James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida » Parking Changes
James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
June 14, 2018Please note that construction of the New Bed Tower will begin this month. This building will provide the private inpatient rooms our Veterans deserve. It will be four floors, approximately 245,000 square feet with an additional 5,000 square feet to be renovated, with 96 medical-surgical single patient rooms, 40 intensive care unit beds, a Canteen, outdoor eating area, and other assorted support spaces. It will be located immediately east of the Main Hospital and just south of the Community Living Center. As construction begins, there will be several traffic and parking changes (see map on back):
- On June 25, the Main Valet entrance road off 131st Ave. will be closed. Please use the entrance at Bruce B. Downs Blvd. and Richard A. Silver Way.
- On July 9, the Opal Lot will close due to demolition of Trailer 72.
- On August 6, the entrance off Bruce B. Downs Blvd. just south of the USF pedestrian walkway will close due to demolition of the walkway. Main valet will close for the duration of the Bed Tower construction. However, a limited number of Valet parking spots remain in Polytrauma/SCI remain.
- In early August, patient park-and-shuttle will be available in the Freedom Lot
- We encourage drivers to take advantage of the protected left turn signals on Bruce B. Downs and Fletcher Ave. to most safely and efficiently get to the parking areas.
During this project there will be more traffic and parking changes and road closures. Please drive safely and follow signage on campus. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to improve the Veteran experience and build James A. Haley into an even better facility for all.