James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
At James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital, we have established a number of procedures to help you get an appointment without a long delay. Our goals are simple -
- You should be able to see your primary care provider within one to two business days.
- You should have faster access to specialty care.
If you have received a postcard stating you need to make an appointment, call (813) 903-3650 or (888) 811-0107or call the appointment call center (888) 716-7787 or (813) 903- 3600.
Changing Your Appointment
If you cannot keep an existing appointment, contact us as soon as you are aware you cannot make your appointment. This will allow us to reschedule you sooner, as well as schedule one of your fellow veterans for the original appointment date and time.
Who to Call
To make an appointment with a particular clinic or service, call (813) 972-2000 and enter the extension number below.
Outpatient Laboratory Appointment
Outpatient Laboratory has moved to Room 1D-181 in the main hospital, to the right of the main elevators. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 6am to 5pm and Saturday, 7am to 12 noon. To better serve you, laboratory appointments are now available. Please ask your provider to make an appointment for you if labs are needed. Appointments can be made for all laboratory locations including the Main Hospital and the Primary Care Annex (PCA).
Appointments can be made in any of the following ways:
By making an appointment at any check-in desk at the JAHVH or any Clinic
By calling (813) 903-3600, option 2
By calling our toll free number at (888) 811-0107, option 2
*NOTE* The Laboratory has introduced the VetLink Kiosk System to expedite your appointment check-in. Walk-ins are always accommodated, although the wait times may be longer without an appointment. Most lab results are available within 8 hours of collection time. Please make your laboratory appointment in advance of your provider's appointment. Also, we urge you to contact your Primary Care Team by telephone or secure messaging to ensure that your laboratory tests are ordered.
|Women's Health Center||3678|
|Ear, Nose and Throat||7518|
|Extended Care and Rehabilitation|
|Spinal Cord Injury||7517|
|Traumatic Brain Injury||(800) TBI-VETS|
|Mental Health Clinics|
|Mental Health (PTSD, psychiatry, Alcohol/Drug Abuse Program)||631-7123 / 7124 / 7126|
|New Port Richey Outpatient Clinic||(727) 869-4100|
|Brooksville Community-Based Outpatient Clinic||(352) 597-8287|
|Lakeland Community-Based Outpatient Clinic||(863) 701-2470|
|Lecanto Community-Based Outpatient Clinic||(352) 746-8000|
|Zephyrhills Community-Based Outpatient Clinic||(813) 780-2550|
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.