James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital and Clinics offers a variety of ways for patients to get to and from appointments at the Main Hospital and Outpatient Clinics. Several changes to parking and shuttle servicehave taken place to accommodate construction of the new Bed Tower. Remember, trams and shuttles run Mondays thru Fridays except holidays. We have updated the parking and shuttle maps to reflect the following changes (current as of Nov. 20, 2018):
- The pedestrian bridge across Bruce B. Downs Blvd. was demolished and rebuilt as part of the construction project, so a shuttle is running from the University of South Florida and the hospital. It runs from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. A sign designates the shuttle pick up location outside the Morsani College of Medicine and it drops off outside the main entrance of Building 1 at JAHVH. The pedestrian bridge will still be available for foot traffic, but people will need to follow the sidewalk to Richard Silver Way entrance to access the JAHVH campus through Gate 3. Map
- The offiste parking and shuttle for Veterans and staff is now operational. Designated parking is available at University Mall near Grands, with a free shuttle that will drop people off near the Central Energy Plant. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Map
- Valet parking has moved to the Freedom Parking lot on 133rd Avenue across from the WaWa gas station. A shuttle is available to take Veterans (and staff) to the hospital. Spaces will continue to be available for staff parking as well. Map
- The off main campus, leased clinic shuttle pick up location (Purple & Orange Routes) is at the parking garage shuttle stop. Map
- Road work near the Fisher House will begin and a temporary road to the Emergency Department will open in the Diamond Parking Lot.
- The Juliet Parking Lot is open for employee parking. Map
- The Diamond Parking Lot at the front of the hospital has been completely fenced in except for the Emergency Department road for ambulances and some ED short-term patient drop-off spots for the duration of the construction project. These drop-off spots are accessible from Richard Silver Way Map
- Gate 2 off Bruce B. Downs Blvd. (main entrance by the pedestrian bridge) is closed. Veterans, staff and visitors can still use Gate 1 on Richard Silver Way.
- Gate 3 is open for shuttle service and pedestrian traffic only.
- An additional shuttle stop will be added to the Freedom Lot Valet and Staff parking shuttle route. It will enter through gate 3 and drop off at the main entrance of Building 1. Map
Parking & Shuttle Maps
Bay Pines Shuttle
Departs Tampa at 6:45 a.m./departs Bay Pines at 8:30 a.m. and departs Tampa at 12:30 p.m./departs Bay Pines at 1:30 p.m. Patients must request by visiting the Travel Office to request a ridership ticket. Call (813) 610-0006.
Veteran Transportation Services
VTS supplements existing transportation to get Veterans to and from their medical appointments. Riders must be a Veteran and enrolled in VA health care, and may be accompanied by one caregiver, spouse or family member. Reservations must be made one day in advance. Visit https://www.vetride.net/ for more information and to reserve a ride.
Dispatcher: (813) 972-2000 ext. 5683 or ext. 5881
VTS toll free: (844) 842-6040
DAV will provide transportation from several areas in the JAHVH catchment area after hour. Visit http://www.dav.org for details.
From the Main Hospital: (813) 972-2000 ext. 6596
From Sun City Center: (813) 642-0302
From Hernando County/Brooksville/Spring Hill: (352) 754-4033
From West Pasco County/New Port Richey/Holiday: (727) 848-3384
Special Mode Transportation/Beneficiary Travel
Provides wheelchair/stretcher transport to eligible Veterans from home to VA for appointments as well as return home. See Primary Care, your social worker or the Travel Office for details.
POC: (813) 972-2000 ext. 1783/6208/7577