VA » Health Care » James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida » Features
James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
- Haley program helps women Veterans transition
- James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital is teaming up with MacDill Air Force Base to help women service members better understand their VA health care benefits as they leave the military.
- A story of seven brothers and their service
- At least one of the seven Vila brothers from South Tampa have served in the military during every conflict from WWII to Desert Storm. They have been honored by the city to have a park named after them.
- Improving quality of life for pain sufferers
- The Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program (CPRP) is a unique 19-day inpatient program design to help Veterans who are suffering from chronic pain improve their overall quality of life.
- Employee remembers time at Ground Zero
- Most people can remember where they were and what they were doing on Sept. 11, 2001, but for one James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital employee, those memories are especially vivid.
- Lend Me Your Ears
- A Navy Vietnam Veteran receives a new, custom-made silicon ear prosthesis to replace the one he sacrificed to cancer a few years ago, allowing him to live a more normal lifestyle.
- JAHVH designated Headache Center of Excellence
- James. A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital has been designated a Headache Center of Excellence (CoE) by the Department of Veterans Affairs, a move that includes funding in excess of $1 million.
- Patient Safety Advancing Suicide Prevention
- One Veteran suicide is one too many, so James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital Patient Safety Office is taking steps to help prevent them for patients admitted to the hospital medical-surgical units.
- JAHVH dedicates virtual reality room
- Hospital and community leaders gathered here Thursday to dedicate a new virtual reality room to the retired Navy captain who was instrumental in turning the room from a dream to reality.
- Thinking outside the box helps ease Veteran’s pain
- A JAHVH occupational therapist thinks outside the box and uses scar release therapy to help ease a Veteran's pain that was so severe she was ready request her arm be amputated.
- JAHVH named national environmental award winner
- In recognition for successful programs to reduce its environmental impact, James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital has received the Partner for Change Award from Practice Greenhealth.