VA » Health Care » James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida » Features
James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
- Tampa VA expands vaccinations at new USF clinic
- James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital and Clinics and Hillsborough County Department of Health are expanding vaccination efforts March 30 at a new drive-through clinic at the USF Yuengling Center.
- Clock is ticking to end TB
- While the world has been concentrating on the COVID-19 pandemic, another disease killed more than 1.5 million people around the world in 2019 alone despite the successful treatments available.
- They’re spreading the message – get the vaccine!
- A group of African American and Hispanic EMS leaders are trying to spread the word that vaccinations are the best way to protect yourself, your family, and the community as a whole.
- Even fire and smoke can’t stop #TheVaccinators
- A group of nurses at the New Port Richey Outpatient Clinic continued providing Veterans with the COVID-19 vaccination even after smoke from a fire outside the clinic forced everyone to evacuate the building.
- JAHVH selected for COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial
- JAHVH will begin a clinical trial for the single-dose investigational COVID-19 vaccine developed by the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, the fourth large-scale vaccine trial in the U.S.
- National Preparedness Month
- September is National Preparedness Month and hurricane season's most active month. Everyone is encouraged to take the time now to review their personal and family preparedness plans.
- Sending a survivor home in style
- JAHVH staff gathered near the Spinal Cord Injury Center entrance Aug. 27 to clap and cheer as Veteran Alvin Ordiway made his way out of the hospital for the first time in almost two months.
- COVID – Take precautions or take the consequences
- Dr. John Toney, assistant chief of the JAHVH Infectious Disease section, has a unique perspective on the importance of taking precautions to avoid COVID-19 after he and his family were diagnosed with the disease.
- VA Nurses Make Positive Impact on COVID-19
- VA nurses in Florida and Puerto Rico are making a positive impact on COVID-19 patients, not only in the VA hospitals, but in the community as well by assisting in community nursing homes.
- VA putting former military ‘docs’ back to work
- A new program at James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital is putting a group of former military “docs” back to work doing what they do best – providing quality medical care for their troops.