VA » Health Care » James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida » Features
James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
- Patient Safety Advancing Suicide Prevention
- One Veteran suicide is one too many, so James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital Patient Safety Office is taking steps to help prevent them for patients admitted to the hospital medical-surgical units.
- JAHVH dedicates virtual reality room
- Hospital and community leaders gathered here Thursday to dedicate a new virtual reality room to the retired Navy captain who was instrumental in turning the room from a dream to reality.
- Thinking outside the box helps ease Veteran’s pain
- A JAHVH occupational therapist thinks outside the box and uses scar release therapy to help ease a Veteran's pain that was so severe she was ready request her arm be amputated.
- JAHVH named national environmental award winner
- In recognition for successful programs to reduce its environmental impact, James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital has received the Partner for Change Award from Practice Greenhealth.
- Four-legged therapist brightens patients’ day
- Hercules, a 19-month old black Labrador retriever, is the facility’s new therapy dog. He and his handler have been visiting patients for nearly a month now, but one patient in particular looks forward to his visits.
- Haley adds new tool in fight against cancer
- A new robotic treatment was recently used for the first time at James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital, and it’s a treatment that will increase the number of options Veterans have in their fight against cancer.
- Haley practices for natural disaster assistance
- James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital joined with the Air National Guard and local community partners to practice patient reception procedures after a simulated natural disaster in Mississippi.
- Wheelchair Clinic Direct Scheduling
- Veterans who need adjustments for their VA-issued wheelchair or who want to be evaluated for VA-issued wheelchairs or scooters no longer need a referral from their provider to get an appointment at the Wheelchair Clinic.
- Haley takes patient safety award for eighth year
- James A. Haley Veterans Hospital has received VA’s top patient safety award - the Cornerstone Award presented by the VA National Center for Patient Safety - for the eighth consecutive year.
- Veteran comes back from traumatic brain injury
- A Soldier suffers massive injuries and is in a coma for 40 days after a four-story fall, but continues to serve in uniform for another 16 years after recovery and rehabilitation at JAHVH.