VA » Health Care » James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida » Features
James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
- Veterans: How Can VA Improve Your Health Care?
- The VA Sunshine Healthcare Network (VISN 8) is hosting public virtual listening sessions the second week of June to hear from Veterans on how to design a health care system of the future.
- Working behind the scenes to get vaccines in arms
- JAHVH staff have been working hard since December to provide COVID-19 vaccines to as many people as possible, but one group in particular has been working behind the scenes to get “vaccines in arms.”
- Veteran Receives Medical Advice on the Go
- Through VA Health Chat, Veterans enrolled for care at a VA facility in VISN 8 may chat online with Clinical Contact Center staff members to ask nonurgent health questions, schedule appointments, and more.
- Tampa VA expands vaccinations at new USF clinic
- James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital and Clinics and Hillsborough County Department of Health are expanding vaccination efforts March 30 at a new drive-through clinic at the USF Yuengling Center.
- Clock is ticking to end TB
- While the world has been concentrating on the COVID-19 pandemic, another disease killed more than 1.5 million people around the world in 2019 alone despite the successful treatments available.
- They’re spreading the message – get the vaccine!
- A group of African American and Hispanic EMS leaders are trying to spread the word that vaccinations are the best way to protect yourself, your family, and the community as a whole.
- Even fire and smoke can’t stop #TheVaccinators
- A group of nurses at the New Port Richey Outpatient Clinic continued providing Veterans with the COVID-19 vaccination even after smoke from a fire outside the clinic forced everyone to evacuate the building.
- JAHVH selected for COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial
- JAHVH will begin a clinical trial for the single-dose investigational COVID-19 vaccine developed by the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, the fourth large-scale vaccine trial in the U.S.
- National Preparedness Month
- September is National Preparedness Month and hurricane season's most active month. Everyone is encouraged to take the time now to review their personal and family preparedness plans.
- Sending a survivor home in style
- JAHVH staff gathered near the Spinal Cord Injury Center entrance Aug. 27 to clap and cheer as Veteran Alvin Ordiway made his way out of the hospital for the first time in almost two months.