VA » Health Care » James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida » Features
James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
- Using Artificial Intelligence to diagnose cancer
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning may sound like terms used strictly by computer engineers, pathologists at JAHVH have shown they can also be used to help diagnose cancer, and possibly other health issues.
- JAHVH completes 1,000th robotic surgery
- Surgeons here recently completed their 1,000th robot-assisted surgery using the da Vinci surgical system. That’s more than any other hospital in the Veterans Health Administration.
- Music to Breathe Better By
- A new class offered by James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital is offering Veterans the opportunity to use harmonicas to make music while treating their chronic breathing problems at the same time.
- Haley recognized for ACS community partnership
- James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital received the Veterans Health Administration Community Partnership Challenge Award for their work with the American Cancer Society recently during a ceremony in Washington, D.C.
- Youths volunteer to tell Veterans' stories
- A group of 10 high school volunteers are spending the summer documenting Veteran life experiences as writers to help provide background for medical providers as part of JAHVH’s “My Life My Story” or MLMS program.
- Special athletes compete in 2019 Warrior Games
- For the last few days, more than 300 special athletes have been competing in the 2019 Department of Defense Warrior Games, which are being held this year in the Tampa Bay area.
- JAHVH hosts two clinic groundbreakings
- Veterans in Pasco County will soon be getting two brand new outpatient clinics, the start of which was marked with groundbreaking ceremonies in New Port Richey and Zephyrhills June 6 and 7 respectively.
- First Veteran issued exoskeleton for home use
- It took Marine Corps Veteran Tim Conner more than a year of training and waiting, but it paid off May 30 when he got to take home his new legs, the first at JAHVH to be issued an exoskeleton.
- South Hillsborough Outpatient Clinic opens
- Veterans in southern Hillsborough County now have a VA clinic to call their own. Officials cut the ribbon dedicating the new South Hillsborough Outpatient Clinic in Riverview May 14.
- CENTCOM Multinational Exchange
- James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital recently hosted high-level military medical leaders from 18 nations as part of U.S. Central Command’s biannual Medical Security Cooperation Exchange.