VA » Health Care » James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida » Features
James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
- JAHVH selected for COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial
- JAHVH will begin a clinical trial for the single-dose investigational COVID-19 vaccine developed by the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, the fourth large-scale vaccine trial in the U.S.
- National Preparedness Month
- September is National Preparedness Month and hurricane season's most active month. Everyone is encouraged to take the time now to review their personal and family preparedness plans.
- Sending a survivor home in style
- JAHVH staff gathered near the Spinal Cord Injury Center entrance Aug. 27 to clap and cheer as Veteran Alvin Ordiway made his way out of the hospital for the first time in almost two months.
- COVID – Take precautions or take the consequences
- Dr. John Toney, assistant chief of the JAHVH Infectious Disease section, has a unique perspective on the importance of taking precautions to avoid COVID-19 after he and his family were diagnosed with the disease.
- VA Nurses Make Positive Impact on COVID-19
- VA nurses in Florida and Puerto Rico are making a positive impact on COVID-19 patients, not only in the VA hospitals, but in the community as well by assisting in community nursing homes.
- VA putting former military ‘docs’ back to work
- A new program at James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital is putting a group of former military “docs” back to work doing what they do best – providing quality medical care for their troops.
- A Joint Message from the Directors
- As our nation continues to respond to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public health emergency, we want you to know that James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital and Bay Pines VA Healthcare System have been working together closely.
- Good nutrition serves as foundation to successful
- JAHVH Nutrition and Food Service is in the spotlight for awards two members of the NFS garnered for delivering specialized nourishment to patients and for teaching Veterans how to prepare healthy meals.
- VA Health Chat App Available to Veterans March 11
- Starting March 11, Veterans can use the VA Health Chat app to get virtual urgent care from the VISN 8 Clinical Contact Center. The app is available for Android and IOS devices.
- JAHVH, community train for disaster relief
- An Air National Guard aircraft arrived at Tampa International Airport carrying 35 patients evacuated after a major hurricane hit the Gulf Coast. Fortunately, both the patients and the hurricane were simulated.