James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
About the James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
Activated in 1972, the James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital is a tertiary care facility classified as a Clinical Referral Level 1 Facility.Â JAHVH is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology as well as education and research.
Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care, and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, spinal cord injury, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics, and extended care.
JAHVH consists of five Veterans Health Administration facilities located in Tampa,Â New Port Richey,Â Zephyrhills,Â Lakeland and
Brooksville, serving four counties in Central Florida. It is a part of the Veterans Integrated System Network (VISN) 8 that also
includes facilities in Orlando, Gainesville, Lake City, Bay Pines, West Palm Beach, Miami and Puerto Rico.
The Tampa VA hospital is affiliated with the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine (Health Sciences Center) in
North Tampa, developing a unique and close professional relationship. The hospital is connected both physically and functionally
to the university. Tampa provides training to 183 USF residents and fellows, offering residency training in all major medical and
surgical specialties and subspecialties. The hospital is also a training site for medical, nursing (more than 400), and other health
care professional students.
415 â€“ Main Hospital in Tampa
118 â€“ Nursing Home Care Unit (located on site of main hospital)
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardio-Pulmonary (Open Heart Surgery)
- Electron Microscopy
- Geriatric Psychiatry and Geriatric Medicine
- Hemodialysis Center Self Dialysis
- Health Care for Homeless Veterans Program
- Hospital Based Primary Care
- Intensive Care Units
- Mental Health Clinic
- Nursing Home Care Unit (Tampa)
- Nuclear Medicine Service
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Radiation Therapy
- Rehabilitation Medicine (Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center)
- Respiratory Therapy/Pulmonary Function Lab
- Speech Pathology
- Spinal Cord Injury Center
- Traumatic Brain Injury Center (TBIC)