James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital serves veterans from a five-county area in the central region of Florida. In addition to our main hospital in Tampa, we offer a number of clinics and outpatient centers to serve patients.
- James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital with Haley’s Cove Community Living Center
- New Port Richey Outpatient Clinic
- Brooksville Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
- Lakeland Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
- Zephyrhills Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
- South Hillsborough Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
- Lecanto Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
The hospital has two Mid-Florida Credit Union ATMs - one is located on the second floor. From the main elevator, turn left and make an immediate right. The machine is on the left, just before the two service elevators. The second is in the SCI main lobby to the left of the information desk.
The Barber/Beauty Shop is located on the ground floor, Rm. GD-036A. It is presently open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon. Service on inpatient units is available on Wednesdays by appointment (call ext. 6573 during operating hours).
The hospital has practice fire and disaster drills. If you hear the fire alarm, stay calm and follow the instructions given to you by the staff in your area.
Information desks are located in the Spinal Cord Injury Center Lobbyof the hospital. The desks are staffed Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. to help you with information about the hospital. They:
- Provide information on the location and general condition of inpatients listed in the Patient Directory.
- Provide information on the location of offices and services within James A. Haley Veterans’ Healthcare System.
- Provide a limited list of hotels, motels and restaurants in the area.
Lost and Found
You are responsible for your belongings while in the facility. If you have lost something, visit the Lost and Found Office at the Voluntary Service office, Rm. 2A-215. They can be reached by calling (813) 972-2000, ext. 7533. At the Community Based Outpatient Clinics, you can ask the front desk clerk if you think you lost an item or call the clinic directly.
Police and Security
JAHVH has a police service. Our officers provide 24-hour patrols of the facility and parking lots. For general police assistance while on hospital grounds, dial 7554. In case of an emergency, dial 1440. Report all suspicious or criminal activity, vehicle accidents, and personal property losses to the VA Police while on the facility grounds as soon as possible.
Our parking lots are also equipped with emergency phones that automatically ring the security office when picked up.
Because the VA hospital is federal property, all persons and bags are subject to search. In addition, no weapons, alcohol, or illegal drugs are permitted.
Public transportation in the Tampa Bay area is provided by Hillsborough Area Regional Transit. The VA hospital has one stop on campus and is also adjacent to the University Area Transfer Center. You can find routes and complete information at HART's Web site.*
- The Chapel, Rm. 2A-219, is open for prayer and reflection.
- For after hour emergency situations please contact your nurses station or AOD (813) 972-2000 ext. 6197 or 6194.
- Chaplains and religious information can be reached via the GetWell Network. You can reach a chaplain via secure message from MyHealtheVet as well.
- Currently all in-person worship services are suspended.
- Chaplains provide a daily devotion Monday through Friday via the hospital TV station at 8 a.m. Chaplains provide a daily devotion Monday through Friday via Teams at 8:30 am
- A Catholic Mass is offered daily at 11 am via the hospital TV station Monday through Friday.
- On Sundays a digital Protestant Service is broadcast the hospital TV station at 9:30 a.m. and Mass at 10:30 a.m.
- A Chaplain offers guided meditation each Friday at 12:45 p.m. via Teams.
- Islamic Services - The Chapel is available daily for Muslim Prayer at the following times: 1-1:30p.m. (Daylight Savings Time) and 2-2:30p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
A free handicap valet parking service is available at the Spinal Cord Inury Center entrance of the hospital for patients and visitors Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. After 5 p.m., keys may be picked up at the security desk in the Emergency Department. Valet employees cannot accept tips.
Waiting areas throughout the facility have been set up to allow for proper social distancing to ensure everyone's safety. Please do not gather in the hallways or at the nurses’ stations. You may also want to review our Visiting Hours and Policies.