James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
Bed Tower Project
On July 31, 2018, we broke ground on a three-year project that will provide the state-of-the art private inpatient rooms that our Veterans deserve.
See what's happening on the live cam!
- This three-year project is the first of its kind in which the VA is partnering with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and marks an important part of our expansion as a hospital
- It will be located on the main campus adjacent to the Community Living Center (Haley's Cove)
- The pedestrian bridge between James A. Haley and the University of South Florida was partially demolished and will be reconfigured to provide a new connection to the tower and continuous passage through the tower to the main hospital.
- Completion is expected in 2022.
- Features include:
- Four floors, approximately 245,000 square feet with an additional 5,000 square feet to be renovated
- 96 medical-surgical single patient rooms
- 40 intensive care unit beds
- Canteen, outdoor dining area and healing garden
- Other assorted support spaces
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to improve the Veteran experience.