James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
About the Program
The mental health service at James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital provides consultation, evaluation and treatment for a variety of issues impacting emotional well-being. Veterans may call the Veterans Crisis Line at (800) 273-TALK 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Every call is confidential.
We conduct research and training to ensure state-of-the-art treatment.
Mental health services provided at JAHVH include treatments for -
- depression, sadness, grief
- anxiety, worry, nervousness
- addictive behaviors
- relationship problems
- stress from medical problems and/or pain
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- emotional problems, such as managing anger
- vocational issues
- troublesome thoughts or ideas
- confused thinking
- aggressive or self-harming behaviors
- memory problems
We also provide outreach to homeless veterans.
Mental health services are confidential. We will not talk to anyone about information you share unless you give written consent. Under federal law, a few exceptions to this rule exist. If you have questions, please ask your mental health consultant.
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm