James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital - Tampa, Florida
Current Operating Status
As of Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:44 PM EDT
The owners of the Primary Care Annex building have created a containment area and begun remediation of what they suspect to be mildew/mold on ceiling tiles primarily in the atrium area located off of the main entrance. The area will be barricaded and ventilated to ensure there is little or no risk of exposure for PCA patients or staff and daily safety inspections are being performed by the VA Safety Office. The remediation work is expected to take some time and we will update you once we have a better estimate of the timeline.
Valet parking will still operate at the main entrance to the PCA, but patients and staff are asked to use the back entrance by the canteen while work is ongoing. A shuttle service from the main to the rear entrance will be provided.
Patient care and most appointments should not be affected by this work, although Saturday laboratory appointments have been rescheduled to allow the contractor’s work to continue as quickly as possible. All patients with affected Saturday lab appointments have been notified of their new appointments dates.
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 1-813-903-3600
- Change Your Appointment: 1-813-903-3650
- Media Inquiries: 1-813-979-3645
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: Not Available
- Pharmacy Refill: 1-813-903-4885
- Staff Locator: Not Available
- Telephone Care: 1-813-903-3600